Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DIY Projects in the Pipeline

(för svensk versionen, se nedan)

As I  mentioned on the BVC Facebook page the other day, I started a couple of mosaic projects over the weekend. Here's a sneak peek at those, as well as a couple of other garden goodies in the pipeline (for breaks from the time consuming and back-breaking mosaic work). Summer has finally arrived in Sweden and  my thoughts are swirling with fun and eclectic 'garden art' ideas.

Leave a comment and tell me what you think I'm going to use the plastic bottle and the twirl wire for. Or better yet, let me know what YOU would do with them.

First up, the mosaic planter pot that I'm making from a toilet tank. Yes, I said toilet tank! The upper part of this old abandoned junk pile toilet has a nice shape for a garden mosaic pot. My Swedish husband is getting quite used to my arrivals home with these odd items, and he is being kind when he says he can't wait to see what I'll do "with this one". As a bonusd, it netted me several patina copper bits and bobbbles for me to use for another project that is already spinning in my head thanks to this inspiration from Lagniappe Mosaic's website.




Next up, a bowling ball mosaic sphere. I love the way it looks right now in the prep stage...the look of surprise for what's to come (see the two eyes and open mouth?). I have some serious inspiration available for this project.


This next one is totally experimental for me as I haven't worked with plastic bottles yet - but there are lots of  plastic bottle projects out there that I just couldn't help myself. One small hint...it involves paint. 


This twirly wire was found exactly as it is. I have already sprayed it with metal primer, and the rest of the project is swirling in my head, waiting for me to dig out all of the bits needed.



I think the good weather (finally) in Sweden has kick-started some of these projects that will land in our garden. Did I mention our front yard requires a total rehaul this summer? BIG project for us! If mosaics inspire you as much as they do me, watch as my 'Mad About Mosaics' board on Pinterest evolves, and start planning your own project today!

Until next time...
Tills nästa gång...
Michael


Nu på svenska -


Som jag nämnde  Blue Velvet Chair Facebooksidan häromdagen började jag ett par mosaikprojekt under helgen. Här är en smygtitt  dessa, liksom ett par andra trädgårdgodis på gång (för pauser från den tidskrävande mosaikarbete). Sommaren har äntligen kommit till Sverige och mina tankar virvlande med roliga och eklektisk "trädgårdskonst"-idéer.

Lämna en kommentar och berätta vad du tror att jag kommer att använda plastflaskor och snurrad tråd till. Ännu bättre, låt mig veta vad DU skulle göra med dem.

Först,
en mosaik växtkruka gjord av en toaletttank. Ja, jag sa toaletttank! Den övre delen av denna övergivna toalett har en fin form för en växtkruka i trädgården. Min svenska man blir ganska van vid min ankomst hem med dessa udda föremål och han är jättesnäll när han säger att han inte kan vänta att se vad jag ska göra "med den här". Som bonus från toaletten fick jag flera bitar patinakoppar och bobbles att använda för ett annat projekt som redan snurrar i huvudet tack vare denna inspiration från Lagniappe Mosaic.

Nästa projekt är ett bowlingklot-mosaik. Jag älskar hur det ser ut just nu...en blandning av förvåning och förväntan för vad som komma skall (se två ögon och öppen mun?).Jag har mycket inspiration för detta projekt.

Denna är helt experimentell för mig - jag inte har jobbat med plastflaskor ännu - men det finns massor av plastflaska-projekt
 där ute och jag inte kunde stoppa mig själv. En liten hint ... det innebär färg.

Detta twirly tråd hittades precis som den är. Jag har redan sprutat den med metallprimer och projektet väntar på mig att gräva fram alla nödvändiga bitar.

Jag tror att det fina vädret (äntligen) i Sverige har kickstartat några av dessa projekt som kommer att landa i vår trädgård. Nämnde jag vår framsida kräver en total renovering i sommar? Stort projekt för oss! Om mosaik inspirerar dig lika mycket som de gör mig, titta  hur mina "Mad About Mosaics” board  Pinterest utvecklas och börja planera ditt eget projekt idag!

3 comments:

  1. fun stuff...can't wait to see them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I know I've said it before but srsly, I LOVE your profile pic on here...I want to do one like that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mike,
    Thanks for signing up for the Handmade Gift exchange! Your gifting partner and I are trying to get in touch with you. Can you email me at craftaholicsanon {at} gmail {dot} com
    thanks!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com